Coming Up Next
Here are the sports you can register for and see what we have coming up!!
Sun, Jan 07|
Iowa West Field House
Winter Indoor Volleyball Session 1
Due to schedule issues with the venue we will be two smaller sessions for our winter league. Still having 4 divisions; D, C, B, BB.
Time & Location
Jan 07, 2024, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Iowa West Field House, 5 Arena Way, Council Bluffs, IA 51501, USA
About the Event
Start Date: January 7, 2024
End Date: February 11, 2024
REGISTRATION ENDS Jan 3rd, 2024
$265 per team
This season will be a 6 Week Season consisting of two games per night for each registration. (One game = three sets)
The cost this season will be higher due to the new venue. Games will start from 6 or 7pm.
* D Level (formerly "social"): A fun league with emphasis on learning where the object is just to get the ball on the other side of the net. Only the most basic rule violations are called for safety. This league is intended to be a fun and social experience for those that just want to be more active in the community and learn a basic understanding of Volleyball. If there are not enough teams to form a league, teams will be offered to move up to the next appropriate skill level.
* C Level (formerly B1): All teams attempt to use 3 contacts (bump, set, spike) on almost every offensive possession. Teams are starting to begin to learn the rules of the game as well as working on their ball control. Basic rule violations (rotational errors, lifts) should start to be called. Hitters who can consistently hit a heavy ball may be asked to move up a higher league for safety purposes. If there are not enough teams to form a league, teams will be offered to move up to the next appropriate skill level.
* B Level: Teams are now very comfortable using 3 contacts (bump, set, spike) on almost every offensive possession. Teams may start to have dedicated setters and hitters while they learn the rules/positioning of the game. Players are learning how to transition back and forth between offense and defense. All teams block and have very strong perimeter defense. At least one player on the team should be well versed in the rules (and basic strategies) of volleyball. Players may start to specialize in their position of being a setter or hitter. Individuals in this league should be able to serve over the net almost all the time and consistently pass free balls over to their setter. Setters may double on occassion but can at least set a consistent ball to the outside. Hitters should be able to hit the ball in a downwards mostion. If there are not enough teams to form a league, teams will be offered to move up to the next appropriate skill level. There is a limit to the number of NAGVA BB level players to 1 per team. (Unless exceptions have been otherwise granted, please email if you have any questions about player ratings)
* BB Level: Teams should be extremely comfortable running some form of perimeter defense. Players now have specialized roles in being a hitter or setter. Setters should be able to set the ball with little to no spin upon release. Teams probably should be running a 5-1 or 6-2 offense and practicing set plays. (High B to NAGVA BB Level) The big difference between B and BB is that most BB teams have at least one strong hitter in every single rotation.
*The Volleyball Committee reserves the right to move any team up or down in level, or also prevent any player from playing in a league that's below their actual level of play.
- Sale ends: Jan 03, 2024, 11:30 PM
Winter V-ball Session 1 Team$265.00
- Sale ends: Jan 03, 2024, 11:30 PM
Winter V-ball Session 1 Indiv.$45.00