Time & Location
About the Event
Season: 1-05-20 through 3-22-20
Registration Open: 11-1-19 through 12-29-19
The Winter Volleyball league is a 10 week session, with an additional week for tournament play at the conclusion. We offer a wide variety of skill levels ranging from Social through BB Level play. Winter Volleyball runs from Jan through mid-Mar with a break over the Super Bowl weekend. Provide your phone number on the next page to receive text updates.
- Social/Recreational Level: A fun and recreational league. Only the most basic rules violations are called for safety. This league is intended to be a fun and social experience for those that just want to be more active in the community and have some fun. If there are not enough teams to form a league, teams will be offered to move up to the next appropriate skill level.
- B1 Level: All teams use 3 contacts (bump, set, spike) on almost every offensive possession. Teams understand the rules of the game as well as working on their ball control. Individuals who have never played volleyball before, but are looking to play at a more competitive level should start in this league. If there are not enough teams to form a league, teams will be offered to move up to the next appropriate skill level. If you have played with our league before this was the equivalent of our B level. If you finished in the B league tournament this is the league you should consider playing. This not a recreational league.
- B Level: Teams are now very comfortable using 3 contacts (bump, set. spike) on almost every offensive possession. Teams may start to have dedicated setters and hitters while they learn the rules/positioning of the game. Players are learning how to transition back and forth between offense and defense. At least one player on the team should be well versed in the rules (and basic strategies) of volleyball. Players may start to specialize in their position of being a setter or hitter. Individuals in this league should be able to serve over the net almost all the time and consistently pass free balls over to their setter. If you have played with our league before this is a mix of our B and BB level. Higher ranked BB teams in the fall tournament should play up in our BB league. Teams that played in the lower bracket should play in our B league. (NAGVA B)
- BB Level: Teams should be extremely comfortable running some form of perimeter defense and offensive play. Players now have specialized roles in being a hitter or setter. Setters should be able to set the ball with little to no spin upon release. Hitters should be able to consistently hit the ball in a downwards motion. Teams may start to run a 5-1 or 6-2 offense and practicing set plays. If you have played in our league before this is a combination of our BB and A league. This is for our advanced players. If you finished in the top of our BB tournament bracket you should consider playing in this league. (Intermediate to NAGVA BB Level)
- 2020 Winter Volleyball$40$400$0